- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
The Academic Petitions Committee
The Academic Petitions Committee (APC) meets each academic term to review petitions from undergraduate students submitted by the deadline prior to the respective meeting.
The deadline for petitions to be reinstated by Spring 2017 is Thursday, January 5, 2017. The deadline for petitions to be reinstated by Summer 2017 is Thursday, May 25, 2017. The deadline for petitions to be reinstated by Fall 2017 is Thursday, August 3, 2017. Petitions received after these dates will be reviewed for the following semester. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Hernandez at email@example.com or (661) 654-2753.
1. For all petitions, please read the General Guidelines below and then complete the Petition for Exception form.
2a. Students seeking readmission or immediate reinstatement after disqualification
Note: Students must clear up all transfer "RD" grades before submitting their petitions and must include an unofficial transcript of any transfer work taken since disqualification.
i. Academically disqualified undergraduate students who have satisfied one of the conditions for reinstatement according to the CSUB catalog (Readmission of Academically Disqualified Undergraduate Students) must submit the Petition for Exception Form.
ii. Academically dismissed undergraduate students who have not satisfied one of the conditions in the catalog must submit the Petition for Exception form above.
2b. For petitions other than those for readmission or immediate reinstatement, please click on the guidelines for the appropriate petition below.
- Return to an Earlier Catalog
- Replacement of grades over the 16-unit limit
- Additional repeat units over the 12-unit limit
- Additional withdrawals ("W" grades) beyond the 18 unit limit
- Academic Renewal
Academic Petitions Committee
California State University, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Highway
Education Building, Room 242
Bakersfield, CA 93311
Dr. Vandana Kohli
Associate Dean, Undergraduate & Graduate Studies
Petition Due Dates
Spring 2017: Thursday, January 5, 2017
Summer 2017: Thursday, May 25, 2017
Fall 2017: Thursday, August 3, 2017