- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
The Academic Petitions Committee
The Academic Petitions Committee (APC) meets each academic term to review petitions from undergraduate students submitted by the deadline prior to the respective meeting.
The deadline for petitions for Winter 2016 is Friday, December 11, 2015 by noon. The deadline for petitions for Spring 2016 is Thursday, March 24, 2016 by noon. The committee can not guarantee that any petition received after this date will have the same opportunity for an immediate response as those received by the deadline.
1. For all petitions, please read the General Guidelines below and then complete the Petition for Exception form.
2a. Students seeking readmission or immediate reinstatement after disqualification
Note: Students must clear up all transfer "RD" grades before submitting their petitions and must include an unofficial transcript of any transfer work taken since disqualification.
i. Academically disqualified undergraduate students who have satisfied one of the conditions for reinstatement listed on pages 67-68 of the 2013-15 CSUB catalog (Readmission of Academically Disqualified Undergraduate Students) must submit the Petition for Exception Form.
ii. Academically dismissed undergraduate students who have not satisfied one of the conditions in the catalog must submit the form below.
2b. For petitions other than those for readmission or immediate reinstatement, please click on the guidelines for the appropriate petition below.
- Return to an Earlier Catalog
- Replacement of grades over the 25-unit limit
- Additional repeat units over the 18-unit limit
- Additional withdrawals ("W" grades) beyond the 28 unit limit
- Academic Renewal
Academic Petitions Committee
California State University, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Hwy
Education Building Room 242
Bakersfield, Ca 93311
Dr. Vandana Kohli
Associate Dean, Undergraduate & Graduate Studies
Petition Due Dates
Winter 2016 December 4, 2015 @ noon
Spring 2016 March 25, 2016 @ noon