At the institutional level, California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB), is accredited by the Senior College Commission of the Western Associate of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
WASC is one of six regional associations that accredit public and private schools, colleges, and universities in the United States, as well as the territories of Guam, American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
CSUB is in the process of affirming its accreditation by WASC. Under the new accreditation review process, CSUB is developing its Institutional Presentation composed of materials for the three stages of review:
- Institutional Proposal
- Capacity & Preparatory Review (CPR)
- WASC CPR Exit Briefing - Video Archive (October 28, 2009)
- Educational Effectiveness Review (EER)
- Review & Visitation Letters
- Other Resources
- CPR Team Report - Campus Visit October 26-28, 2009
- WASC Letter to President Horace Mitchell - March 3, 2010 with attached list of 11 recommendations
- Findings and Recommendations
- University Learning Outcomes
- WASC Commission Action Letter to President Horace Mitchell - March 8, 2012
The CSUB Institutional Presentation is organized around the University Mission, Vision, and Strategic Goals and Objectives, as well as campus wide assessment processes to measure our achievement of the institutional student learning characteristics, or "Marks of a CSUB Student," and several overarching University outcomes. The primary purpose of the CSUB Institutional Presentation is to demonstrate our commitment to institutional capacity and educational effectiveness, our ability to align performance with our educational objectives and university priorities, and our resolve to improve continually as a learning institution.
Please click on the links at left for more information about the WASC accreditation process.
This web page and its contents are managed by the department of Academic Programs
Visit WASC to learn more about the accreditation process and our University.