- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residential Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Mission, Vision & Goals
The School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering is dedicated to providing an outstanding educational experience consistent with the University's Mission, which is to be a comprehensive public university committed to offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students.
The objectives of the School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering are to:
- Offer required coursework in science, mathematics, engineering, and nursing for students majoring in these disciplines.
- Offer required course work for students seeking a teaching credential in science and mathematics.
- Promote science, engineering, and health education for the purpose of improving the human condition.
- Foster scientific integrity in all professional endeavors.
- Prepare students for entry into the workforce in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and healthcare services.
- Prepare students for admission to graduate programs in science, mathematics, engineering, and nursing.
- Prepare students for admission to professional programs in medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, and other health professions.
- Prepare students for leadership roles in the community.
School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering (NSME)
California State University, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Highway
Mail Stop: 13 SCI
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-3450
Fax: (661) 654-6959