- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) RequirementThe California State University requires all students born after January 1, 1957, to either be immunized against measles and rubella or present proof of immunity. Thus, before you can register for your second quarter at CSUB, you must meet this requirement by doing one of the following:
- Provide verification of MMR immunization, given after 15 months of age. Immunizations must have been given after January 1, 1968, to be valid. Prior to 1968 the vaccine did not provide long-lasting immunity.
- Receive an MMR immunization at Student Health Services. Currently the SHS provides, as a combined vaccine, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) for $65.00.
- Request and receive an exemption (permanent or temporary) from the requirement, either for medical reasons (including current pregnancy), laboratory verification of immunity to measles and rubella, or religious or personal beliefs.
You must have satisfied the University's measles and rubella requirement prior to your telephone registration for your second quarter at CSUB or the computer system will not allow you to register for your classes. Student Health Services strongly recommends that you fulfill this requirement prior to your first quarter at CSUB due to national increases of measles cases on college campuses.
Fax or mail: If you elect to mail or fax proof of immunization or immunity to Student Health Services, please include your full name and social security number on any correspondence.
- Student Health Services Fax: (661) 654-3301
- Mailing Address: Student Health Services, 9001 Stockdale Highway 28HC, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1099
Immunizations: MMR vaccine is available 8:30am-11:30am and 1:00pm-4:30pm. Allow at least 30 minutes for the visit to include registration, the injection and a post injection wait of 20 minutes.
Call SHS at (661) 654-2394 if you have any other questions about this CSUB requirement.