An immunization hold is a hold on your university account due to not providing information about required vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) and/or hepatitis B. If you have not provided proof of immunization or immunity on a blood test, the university will place a hold on your account and your registration privileges until the hold is cleared at Student Health Services. You can clear the hold in one of the following ways:
- Bring in proof of immunization to the Student Health Services medical records desk Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00 pm.
- Mail proof directly to SHS- include copy with Student ID number and date of birth. (9001 Stockdale Highway 28-HC, Bakersfield, CA 93311)
- Fax proof of immunization to 661-654-3301.
- Receive immunizations at SHS for a fee.
- Get a titer blood test at SHS for a fee.
- Get vaccinated through your private health care provider and send/bring in proof.
- Request an exemption (permanent or temporary) by filling out the Immunization Exemption and provide it to Student Health Services.
- If you graduated from a CA high school, a High School Immunization Waiver can be completed and provided to Student Health Services.
Important Notice: Federal Regulations (HIPAA) prohibit us from accepting personal, confidential, medical, or immunization documentation through email. We can only accept immunization records and waivers by fax, mail, or in-person.