- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Women's ClinicThe Women's Clinic is available to all CSUB women students. Services include general health screenings, Pap Smears, testing for vaginitis, vaginosis, sexually transmitted infections, HIV testing, family planning and gynecological examinations.
Annual/Binannual Examination includes:
- General health screening
- Breast examination
- Pelvic examination
- Pap smear
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing if indicated or desired
- Contraceptive prescription, if desired, after appropriate consultation: birth control pills, DepoProvera, diaphragm
- Current gynecological concerns
- Vaginal infection/yeast infection/bacterial vaginosis
- Bladder/urinary problem
- Menstrual problems
- Genital wart treatment
- STI exam
- Breast examination/lump
- Repeat Pap smear
- Diaphragm fitting
- Follow-up on a gynecological problem
- Sexuality or Family Planning (Birth Control) Consultation
- Sexuality concerns/questions
- Safer sex information
- Starting a birth control method
- Questions relating to current/prior birth control method or desire for change of method
- Request for refill of birth control pills or DepoProvera injection
- Referral to radiologist for special testing/mammogram/ultrasound/if appropriate
- Referral for laboratory testing/anemia/hormone levels
- Referral to off campus gynecologist as needed
- Pregnancy testing
- Urine pregnancy tests at student's request
- Urine pregnancy tests provided free of charge, if clinically indicated by history
- Serum pregnancy tests available, if clinically indicated
- Birth control pills - refills limited to 6 months supply at one time.
- Diaphragms can be ordered and available usually within 24 hours.
- Yeast medications
- Multiple vitamins
- Prenatal vitamins with iron
- Iron supplements
- Various medications for treatment of gynecological problems
Appointments for the Women's Clinic are available during the academic year by calling the Student Health Services reception desk at (661) 654-2394. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call the reception desk as soon as possible.
Continuing and summer session students can receive limited medical services at the Student Health Service for a nominal fee during the summer.
Schedule your visit for birth control pill refills before you run out of pills.
Gynecological examinations should be done when not menstruating. Schedule your exam well before the expected time of menses.
If you have symptoms of vaginitis or think you may have an STI, schedule an exam to be checked for infections before scheduling your annual Pap smear. The results of a Pap smear may be affected by having an infection at the same time. Schedule the Pap smear after the infection has been treated.
For 48 hours before the examination DO NOT:
- Have sexual intercourse
- Use vaginal medications, creams, jellies, foams,
- suppositories or tampons