- Up to
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
43909 30th Street West
Lancaster, CA 93536
(661) 952-5064 Fax (661) 952-5060
All students currently enrolled for classes are eligible for care at the SHS. Bring your Runner ID Card or picture ID with you at each visit.
Extended University students who have not paid the Student Health Fee must pay the fee prior to their first visit.
When Can I Access Services?
The Medical Assistant will be available during the following hours to assist with scheduling an appointment, first aid, immunization clearances and questions related to the services of the Student Health Services.
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am-6:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Appointments may also be made with any provider at the main campus health center for full services. Please call 661-654-2394 or 661-952-5064 to schedule.
The Student Health Services provides NO EMERGENCY SERVICES at either location. If you have an emergency call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
The office is closed for lunch 12:00- 1:00 pm Monday-Friday.
Information will not be released to anyone (including faculty, staff, or parents) without the written consent of the student except as provided by law or in the case of life threatening emergency.
CSUB does not provide medical insurance to students. Therefore, students are encouraged to enroll in an individual medical insurance plan to cover off campus medical care, emergencies and hospitalization. Associated Students, Inc., sponsors an insurance plan and can be contacted at (661) 654-2418.
What Services Are Provided?
- Basic Services: covered by your student fee and include:
- Evaluation and counseling for individual health problems
- Family planning and gynecological health care for women
- Health education related to diet and exercise, pregnancy, etc.
- Sexually transmitted diseases information
- Preparation and maintenance of medical records
- First aid
- Blood pressure screenings
- Augmented Services: require a FEE because they are of an elective nature, are not required for the diagnosis or treatment of acute illness or injury, or are done for the convenience of the student.
- Elective physical exams
- Pap smears
- TB skin tests
- STD Testing
Fees You Can Afford.
Those services that require a fee are at a reasonable charge. Some examples include:
- Pap smear $25 .00
- Physical exams for jobs, general health or nursing $35.00
- Complete fees are posted in the SHS or can be found under fees in the SHS website.
Services Not Provided
- Emergency services of any kind.
- Treatment of major illnesses, injuries, or accidents that require either hospitalization or long-term follow-up.
- After hours care or on call services
Health Center Staff
Raquel Green-Walls, N.P...............................Nurse Practitioner
Mykia Vital.....................................................Medical Assistant
A Message from Your Health Center Staff
Registration for the next quarter is always important to students. Don´t be delayed by a registration "hold" due to immunizations. We are here to assist you with completing the necessary immunization requirements.