- Up to
Emergency Alert System
As part of ongoing efforts to improve communication in case of an emergency, California State University, Bakersfield has implemented a campus-wide emergency alert system. The initiative consists of two mass notification systems:
- A system that allows the University to send time-sensitive notifications via voice, e-mail and text messaging in the event of an emergency on campus.
- An external public address system that allows the University to broadcast specific guidance information campus-wide in the case of an emergency.
How It Works
In the event of an emergency that threatens the lives and/or property of the campus community, the following will be sent as quickly as the situation allows:
- A voice message will be sent to the phone number you provide
- An e-mail message will be sent to the e-mail address you provide
- A text message will be sent to the mobile phone number you provide
Additional information and updates will be distributed through the CSUB website, university e-mail and phone system, campus emergency hotline, departmental phone trees, and building marshals, and through social media channels.Other than an occasional test of the system, CSUB Alert will be used only to contact you in case of a very serious incident or situation, a University closing, or some other event that requires rapid, wide-scale notification to the community. Examples of such events would be a campus shooting, bomb threat, hazardous materials spill, flood, earthquake, or fire.
Stay Up to Date!
Make sure we can contact you in case of dangerous campus situations or other emergencies!
Login to myCSUB to update your Contact Information.