- Up to
Teach GrantThe Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program was established by Congress to provide grant monies to students at participating schools who plan to become teachers. In exchange for the grant, candidates must agree to serve as full-time teachers at certain schools and within certain high-need fields for at least four academic years within eight years of completing the course of study for which a grant was received. If a grant recipient does not carry out that obligation, the TEACH grant funds they received will be convert to a Direct unsubsidized loan that must be repaid with interest retroactive to the first disbursement of the grant to the student.
Eligibility requirements include all of the following:
- must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- must be admitted and enrolled in the CSUB Teacher Credential program coursework (single or multiple subject programs)
- cumulative GPA must be 3.25 or higher
- must complete the CSUB Teach Grant Request Form
- must complete the Agreement to Serve and initial Counseling requirement
- award will be pro-rated based on enrollment
- awards will not be disbursed until after Census Day each term when enrollment is certified.
Teach Grant Requirement to Serve
In exchange for receiving a TEACH Grant, you must agree to serve as a full- time teacher in a high-need field in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves low-income students. As a recipient of a TEACH Grant, you must teach for at least four (4) academic years within eight (8) calendar years of completing the program of study for which you received a TEACH Grant.
IMPORTANT: If you fail to complete this service obligation, all amounts of TEACH Grants that you received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. You must then repay this loan to the U.S. Department of Education. You will be charged interest from the date the grant(s) was disbursed. Note: TEACH Grant recipients will be given a 6-month grace period prior to entering repayment if a TEACH Grant is converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan.
For more information on Federal Teach Grant, please click here.
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-3016
Fax: (661) 654-6800
Federal School Code: 007993
Follow us on Facebook
CSUB Academic Scholarships
iGrad Financial Literacy