- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Fellowships & Internships
Fellowships are typically awarded to students pursuing a graduate or doctoral degree. Recipients are determined through a competitive application process based on academic achievement, financial need, major, and/or other criteria established by the selection committee. Additionally, recipients may be expected to participate in special projects or research activities overseen by a faculty mentor. The proceeds of the fellowship are used to help offset recipients' cost of education and/or research expenses.
Fellowships that are used to pay for qualified expenses, such as tuition, books, and fees, are not taxable income. However, any amount exceeding qualified expenses is considered taxable income for both U.S. and international students.
Graduate Equity FellowshipsGraduate Equity Fellowship grants range from $500 to $2,000 per year. This program seeks to increase the diversity of students completing graduate degree programs in the CSU, encourages continuation toward doctoral programs, and promotes consideration of university faculty careers. It provides fellowships for economically disadvantaged CSU students who have had success in overcoming educational disadvantages and promotes faculty mentoring and research opportunities. To apply for a Graduate Equity Fellowship, you must:
- Be a legal California resident;
- Be admitted to a CSU and to a master's program as a classified or conditionally classified student;
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Have financial need of at least $1,000;
- Enroll in a minimum of six units per semester (eight units per quarter) applicable to the master's degree; and
- Demonstrate potential to succeed in graduate school and to complete a master's degree program in no more than two years as evidenced by undergraduate coursework and letters of recommendation.
To apply please go to the Graduate Student Center to review the Guidelines and complete an Application.
An internship is typically a hands-on learning experience within a business or organization setting that exposes the student to their field of interest. Some professions require students to have participated in an internship program before they can be hired as an employee. Internships vary on whether or not students are paid to participate. Compensation received for an internship is considered taxable income for both U.S. and international students.
For information on the availability of internships, please contact the CSUB Center for Community Engagement and Career Education (CECE) online or by phone at (661) 654-3033.
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-3016
Fax: (661) 654-6800
Federal School Code: 007993
Follow us on Facebook