- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta is the International English Honor Society. Its central purpose is to confer distinction upon outstanding students of the English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies. Sigma Tau Delta sponsors the California Writers Series, which aims to bring California writers to campus on a regular basis, and the Lectures in Language and Linguistics, which aims to bring a California-based linguist and/or language expert to CSUB’s campus every quarter to speak on a given topic and to meet with students and faculty. The society also holds its Annual Induction and Awards Ceremony, where we present the Betty Creative Writing Awards, created to honor the creative work of students at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and the Li’i Pearl Excellence in English Award, which recognizes outstanding graduates of the Department of English.
How do I join?
To become a member of Sigma Tau Delta, you must meet the following requirements. You must:
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student, majoring or minoring in English
- Have a B average overall (3.0 GPA), as well as a B average in English
- Have taken a minimum of 2 college courses in English language and literature
- Have completed 5 quarters of undergraduate work
- Lifetime membership
- Scholarship, internship, assistantship, grant, and writing award opportunities
- Gaining the privilege to wear honor cords and medals at graduation
- Opportunities to be published in The Rectangle literary journal
- Opportunities to enhance your résumé
English Club is the social arm of Sigma Tau Delta. Every week, students (both graduates and undergraduates) and instructors meet and chat about everything from books to movies.
You do not have to be an English major or minor - the only requirements are that you like good food and good conversation.
There are no fees to join the English Club. Just show up!
When/Where Do We Meet?
We meet every Friday at 3:30 p.m. at Lengthwise Brewery at the Marketplace (9000 Ming Avenue, Unit T-1). Feel free to join us!
For more information on Sigma Tau Delta and English Club, visit us at: http://www.csub.edu/englishclub
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org