- Up to
The Alumni Association has awarded over $40,000 in student scholarships since 1993. The Alumni Scholarship Endowment was established in 1990 with a gift of $5,000 and has now reached almost $100,000. As the endowment grows, so will the monies available for student scholarships. The first awards were made during the 1993-1994 academic year.
The CSUB Alumni Association is proud to announce our 2013-14 alumni scholarship recipient:
Marc Halling ('13, B.A. Geology) is currently seeking his Masters in Geology
Scholarship award applicants will be determined eligible according to the following criteria:
- Graduate or credential students (can be either an incoming or an established student).
- CSU Bakersfield graduate.
- Entering with, or currently has a cumulative GPA of 3.0. This GPA will be verified by review of the current academic transcript, and must be maintained throughout the academic year.
- Participation in extra-curricular activities that benefit the community and the university.
- Funds must be used within one year from the date of award or be returned to the CSU Bakersfield Foundation. The award must be applied for on a yearly basis.
- Funds are not transferable to another learning/teaching institution.
- Funds will be deposited in an account set up for the student at the university.
- The use of funds is restricted to the following school expenses:
(a) On-campus housing
(d) Parking Permit
If you would like to support the Alumni Association, please call our office directly at 661/654-3211.
If you are a student interested in applying for the Alumni Scholarship, please send in your application using the Office for Financial Aid's STARS webpage.