- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residential Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
The Alumni Association has awarded over $40,000 in student scholarships since 1993. The Alumni Scholarship Endowment was established in 1990 with a gift of $5,000 and has now reached almost $170,000. As the endowment grows, so will the monies available for student scholarships. The first awards were made during the 1993-1994 academic year.
The CSUB Alumni Association is proud to announce our 2014-2015 alumni scholarship recipients:
Viridiana Ramirez, Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, 2010. Completing her Masters Degree in Special Education to help serve students with special needs in low income communities. She has a passion for education and teaching students with special needs, is the first in her family to complete a graduate degree and has excelled as a student whose first language is Spanish.
Edward Webb, Bachelor of Arts, Communications, 2013. Currently in the graduate program for Public Policy and Administration with a concentration in non-profits. Hopes to one day bring "Campus Gamers", a student club who has raised over $14,000 for the Lauren Small Children's Medical Center at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital, to universities all over the country.
Yvonne Armendariz, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, 2010. Currently in the graduate program for Masters in Public Administration. Volunteers for a variety of community and CSUB events and serves as Fundraiser Director for the GEYF Western Talons.
Scholarship award applicants will be determined eligible according to the following criteria:
- Graduate or credential students (can be either an incoming or an established student).
- CSU Bakersfield graduate.
- Entering with, or currently has a cumulative GPA of 3.0. This GPA will be verified by review of the current academic transcript, and must be maintained throughout the academic year.
- Participation in extra-curricular activities that benefit the community and the university.
- Funds must be used within one year from the date of award or be returned to the CSU Bakersfield Foundation. The award must be applied for on a yearly basis.
- Funds are not transferable to another learning/teaching institution.
- Funds will be deposited in an account set up for the student at the university.
- The use of funds is restricted to the following school expenses:
(a) On-campus housing
(d) Parking Permit
If you would like to support the Alumni Association, please call our office directly at 661/654-3211.
If you are a student interested in applying for the Alumni Scholarship, please send in your application using the Office for Financial Aid's Scholarship webpage.