- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
We are thrilled that you decided to apply to California State University, Bakersfield – Antelope Valley campus! We hope to make the Antelope Valley campus YOUR university!
Your decision to continue your academic career with us is an important step towards a prosperous future.
To begin you will need to complete the following steps:
- Apply to CSUMENTOR and select California State University Bakersfield.
- Complete the application with the correct campus and major.
- Fill out your FAFSA for the desired academic year.
- Watch your email for information from CSU Bakersfield.
In a few days you will given a student I.D number, username, and a temporary password to login to MYCSUB.
- Login to your student center and create a new password.
- Check your "to-do" list for any paperwork that needs to be turned in.
- Update any information if needed such as your phone number, email, or home address.
The Antelope Valley only accepts transfer students that have achieved junior standing. All transferring students need to complete their lower division general education requirements the golden four.
The golden four are:
Oral Communication (AVC equivalent: Communications 101 or 103)
Written Communication (AVC Equivalent: English 101)
Critical Thinking (AVC Equivalent: Communications 115, English 102, 103; Philosophy 101, 106, 110, 201)
Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning (AVC Equivalent: Math 115)
You can check the status of your application on your myCSUB account. If you are unsure about your status or have further questions please contact:
Admissions and Records office at 661-654-3036
Evaluations office at 661-654-2258
CSUB-AV Front Desk at 661-952-5000
Congratulations on being accepted into California State University Bakersfield - Antelope Valley Campus. We are excited that you will be starting your academic career with us!
Once accepted into the university you will receive an orientation letter in the mail. Orientation is held here in the Antelope Valley campus and is maditory for all new transfer students. We recommend that all new students meet with the Academic Advisor here at the AV branch to get an Educational plan before Orientation.
All students will have enrollment holds on their account to prevent them from registering before they attend orientation. The only way to remove this hold is to attend an orientation.
The beginning is always today.
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Admissions and Records Office
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, Ca 93311-1022
Admission and Records Forms
For deadlines, registration periods, and other important dates please click on the following link for the Academic Calendar