- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residential Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Elder College 2014
What: Elder College 2014
When: October 27-31 from 9am-3pm
Where: Dezember Business Center
"Elder College provides a lot of fun and learning experiences. Elder College began as an Elder Hostel and was directed by Laura and Harvey Brockmeyer. After three sessions, a decision was made to transform it into a week-long Elder College sponsored by CSUB. Each morning there are two sessions and in the afternoon, one session. Lunch is served at the Commons except for one catered lunch in the Dezember Center. On Friday there will be a field trip to Mojave. We invite you to attend this year. The more people, the more successful Elder College is and will continue for more years. I loved each year's program and know you also will."
-Eloise Higgins, Elder College Committee member.
Topics for 2014
1. SPACE TRAVEL, EXPLORATION, AND WEAPONS RESEARCH AND TESTING - The topics are the history of the Mojave Airport, experiences of a WASP and test pilot, the future of civilian space travel and a description of the Naval Air Weapons Station in China Lake
2. CSUB STUDENTS - from the Political Science and Physics departments will give presentations along with their professors. A representative from the University of California Cooperative Extention will discuss water issues in Kern County.
3. KERN COUNTY CULTURES - The Kern Museum director will present information about the history of Indians in Kern County. We will also learn about people from Italy settling in Bakersfield, The Valpredos, owners of Luigi's and Richard Ceccarelli will speak. We hope to have a catered lunch by Luigi's.
The cost for the week is $130.00 which includes 12 classes, snacks, and coffee, lunch and the field trip to Mojace. A deposit of $55.00 by June 13 will hold your place. The balance of $75.00 will be due in the alumni office by September 12 or at the Elder College table on Possibilities Day.
If after you register and find you will not be able to attend, please notify Denise in the Alumni Office at 654-3211 by October 6. Deposits will be non-refundanable after this date. If you have any questions please call Cheryl Tikanen at 397-1138.